Best Laptops For Developers – The best laptops for developers help inject zest and strength into coding. Top programming laptops require the integrated capacity to keep up the weight of running up to 3 Machines if you are a professional developer.
But developer laptops are essentially mighty multitasking beasts, that smooth echo transitions, demonstrate via crisp-clear screens, orchestrate punchy productive sessions and stack up generous power saving—adding life-sustaining fluid to the battery wherever the developer chooses to work from.
It is not a simple task of choosing the best laptop for developers. Many people have found out that one or two features of the laptop they love most of their developing jobs may lack a few elements that would make it the best laptop ever. Well, there is no need for confusion – our extensive market analysis, we have researched and gathered a list of Top 10 Best Laptops For Developers. Also, if you are a gamer, then check our list of Top 10 Best Gaming Laptops In 2019.
Now, if you are excited to make a renewed investment in your developing laptops of the trade, here are our Top 10 Best Laptops For Developers.
Check out the table list of Best Laptops For Developers below and share this list with your friends, family or loved ones.
Laptops For Developers Laptop Name Laptop Rank Laptop Rating ASUS Zenbook Pro UX550VE 1st 9.5 out of 10 Apple 15″ MacBook Pro 2nd 9.4 out of 10 Dell XPS 13 3rd 9.3 out of 10 Microsoft Surface Book 2 4th 9.3 out of 10 ASUS UX490UA-XS74-BL 5th 9.2 out of 10 ASUS ROG Strix GL502VM 6th 9.2 out of 10 HP ENVY 13-inch Laptop 7th 9.1 out of 10 Microsoft Surface Book 8th 9.1 out of 10 LG gram 9th 9.0 out of 10 Lenovo ThinkPad E560 10th 8.9 out of 10
Best Laptops For Developers – List
ASUS Zenbook Pro UX550VE 15.6 inch Ultra Slim Touchscree Laptop | 2.8GHz i7-7700HQ, 16GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB,...
- The latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz quad-core (i7-7700HQ | Turbo to 3.8GHz) with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB graphics
- HIDevolution upgrades the 15 inch FHD Asus Zenbook Pro Ultra Slim Laptop by adding Gelid GC Extreme on CPU + GPU for improved performance and optimal system temperature
- PCIe or SATA based storage--512GB PCIe x4 SSD--ensures that you experience the fastest boot up & load times
Apple 15" MacBook Pro, Retina, Touch Bar, 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Space Gray, MPTT2LL/A...
- 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
- 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 512GB SSD storage
- Radeon Pro 560 with 4GB memory
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
Dell XPS 13 13.3" Quad HD+ InfinityEdge Touch Notebook Computer, Intel Core i7-7560U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Windows 10 Home
9 used from $888.99
- TOUCHSCREEN Dell XPS 13 9360 - Silver
- 13.3? QHD+ (3200 x 1800) InfinityEdge touch display, Silver [QHDT]
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7560U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.8 GHz)
- 16GB LPDDR3 1866MHz
- 512GB PCIe Solid State Drive
11 used from $1,285.00
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 Features a 8th generation Intel Quad Core i7 Processor, 256 GB of storage, 8 GB RAM, and up to 17 hours of video playback
- Enhanced Graphics performance with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 discrete GPU w/2GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory
- The fastest Surface Book yet, with 2x more power and starting at 3.38 pounds (1,534 g) including keyboard
- Vibrant PixelSense Display: now available with an improved 13.5" touchscreen
ASUS UX490UA-XS74-BL 14-Inch Zenbook 3 Deluxe Notebook Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Fingerprint Sensor, Windows Pro, Royal Blue
5 used from $975.37
- Crafted from premium aerospace-grade aluminum to create a body that is less than half an inch thin weighs only 2.4 lbs
- Latest 7th-Generation Kaby lake Intel Core i7-7500U Processor 2.7 GHz (Turbo to 3.5 GHz) cooled by copper-alloy heat pipe and liquid-crystal-polymer fan
- 14-Inch Full HD display with 178° viewing angles encased in Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Ultra-slim bezel at only 7.46mm
- All-day 46Whr Li-Polymer battery providing up to 9 hours of battery life. Features fast charging: charge to 60% in only 49 minutes
ASUS ROG Strix GL502VM 15.6" G-SYNC VR Ready Thin and Light Laptop NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Intel Core i7-7700HQ 16GB...
6 used from $949.99
- Latest-generation NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card, Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor, 2.8GHz (6M Cache, Turbo up to 3.8GHz)
- 16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, 128GB SATA III SSD + 1TB HDD
- 15.6" FHD 1920x1080 G-SYNC Display with Wideview Panel, 170° Viewing Angles
- Duo-copper thermal module and dual cooling fans for increased CPU and GPU performance
- 1x HDMI 2.0 Port, 1x mini Displayport, 802.11ac WiFi 2x2, Bluetooth 4.1, 1x USB 3.1-Type C(Gen 2), 1x Headphone-out and Audio Combo Jack, 1x RJ45 LAN Jack
HP ENVY 13-inch Laptop, Intel Core i7-8550U, 8GB RAM, 256GB solid-state drive, Windows 10 (13-ad120nr, Silver)
1 used from $774.95
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U, Quad-Core, 1.8GHz up to 4GHz; Step up performance with smooth system responsiveness and fast load times for an exceptional PC experience.
- Display: 13.3-inch diagonal FHD (1920x1080) IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass; Get expansive, vibrant images and control your entertainment from a screen with a barely visible bezel.
10 used from $500.99
- 13.5-inch PixelSense touchscreen display (3000 x 2000) resolution
- 6th Gen Intel® CoreTM i7-6600 6th Gen Intel® with NVIDIA GeForce GPU (1GB GDD5 Memory)
- Windows 10 Pro operating system
- Incredibly mobile at 3.48 pounds (1576 grams)
- Surface Pen included
3 used from $904.99
- Light Weight Laptop - Weighs Under 2.5 Pounds
- Long-Lasting 60Wh Battery , Speakers : Stereo Speaker (1.0W x 2).
- 15.6 Inch Full HD IPS Display w/ Ultra-Slim Bezel
- Multiple Inputs - Including USB Type-C
- Back-Lit Keyboard
Lenovo ThinkPad E560 15.6 Inch Premium Flagship Laptop (Intel Core i5-6200U up to 2.8GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD...
- Intel 6th Gen Core i5-6200U (Dual Core, 2.3GHz, up to 2.8GHz, 3MB, 1600MHz)
- 8GB Upgraded DDR3 Memory RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive (SSD), DVD+RW
- 15.6 Inch Anti-glare HD (1366x768) with Intel HD graphics 520 and Webcam
- Intel 3165 ac WiFi + BlueTooth 4.0 , Fingerprint Reader ; 6 Cell Long Lasting Battery
- Windows 7 Professional Installed with Licence Upgradable to Windows 10 Professional
Guide For Buying Best Laptops For Developers
As a developer, the specifications of your laptop are very crucial. To be fair, even the best laptop might lack some of these specs. It merely is a rare combination to find. We have looked into a couple of issues and highlighted some of the most critical areas that you must never miss if you are to get the best laptop for developing:
Different developers need different environments to do their work. The size of the laptop is an essential attribute that you must look out for. This indicates the need to carefully look into the size to assure that you get an appropriate laptop, enough to allow you work anywhere without struggling and without compromising on its portability.
Everything has to steep down to cost. You need to be careful with this element. With a lot of options in the market, the tradeoff between the price and the specifications should be fair. Look at the budget against the specifications you intend to obtain.
Easy to run the tasks
The best laptop for developers is one that is best suited for the job. This means every developer must know the demands of the work and match them with the correct features. Developers have different preferences based on the kind of development they think to do.
For most developing tasks, the need for adequate RAM is significant. It allows for the continuous running of the programs behind the views without lag. In most developing duties, the need for RAM is essential. One is expected to operate with a high system RAM of at least 8+ GB for better outcomes.
The need to store data and recover it in the future is always prevalent in developing. It is fitting that you consider a laptop that has sufficient hard disk storage and also fasts SSD storage that stores the primary OS and developing software for your laptop.
The processing power of your laptop is integral to the kind of experience you have while developing tasks. Look out for a fast processor that can deliver excellent speeds. The processor must be in the range somewhere between Intel’s Core i5 to i7 with at least Kaby Lake technology.
Quality Graphics Card
Having a dedicated graphics card of about 2 GB VRAM is very useful for your developing needs. This assures that you have the best experience while working on your machine as the resolution and clarity are not negotiated at all.
Buying a new laptop for developing can be a complicated process, but it can also be strangely exciting. However, our list of Top 10 Best Laptops For Developers will surely help you in picking the best laptop for you. Make sure to take your time when choosing a new laptop. The appropriate laptop can be worth its power. Shop around, try out some various models from different brands, and keep searching until you find ‘the best one for you.’
Did we miss any laptop on our list? Let us know what you think about our list of Top 10 Best Laptops For Developers by mentioning in the comment section below.
Top 10 Best Laptops For Developers In June 2018